Friday, the Day after Thanksgiving Andrew, Grandpa and the boys went tree shopping and we put up the tree. The boys had so much fun having Grandma & Grandpa & Uncle John coming for Thanksgiving. Andrew had lofty dreams of going out in the mountains and cutting a tree down... Maybe next year babe! I had visions of having a chipmunk family living in the tree he picked and having a rodent problem..
Last night our little town had the 'Light Parade'. It was really small, but so darling. Santa was on one of the floats... And the town lights the big tree in front of Andrew's office. Ya gotta love that small town feeling.
Fishing anyone? Okay this was taken a few weeks ago when we took the boys fishing. The sunset was amazing.. it was freezing cold and Camden caught the only fish.
Happy Turkey Day.. So this year I had great dreams of going out to eat for Thanksgiving Dinner, but since we had family come into town we made the Traditional Thanksgiving. Dinner was amazing, but once again what did my children eat??? I think they all had a roll. So next year if you are planning on spending Thanksgiving with us, you are welcome to join us at the local eatery. (I am not kidding)(And yes Amy & Anna, I did not make the turkey headband... it goes back to my new motto 'why make it when you can buy it)
9 comments:
Michelle you are hilarious! I miss visiting teaching you. The tree looks amazing and I can see all those stockings in the background and I have an inkling that you made those. I remember all your gorgeous quilts you made-true talent. It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving-I am all with you about the eating out. All the money, time, and effort spent making one meal, seems a little crazy. But hey, it is like childbirth, after all the effort, there is just nothing like family. Take care and have a good December!
Ronna
Life is much better when we go out for Thanksgiving Dinner. I say that cooking and eating at home is over rated!
Looks like fun. The fishing looks fun, too bad it wasn't warmer for water skiing. Merry Christmas.
Those are some great pictures! Just seeing your kids in front of their tree makes me excited for Christmas morning. Good choice on not chopping down the tree. Our tree chopping tradition is on hold indefinitely.
Fun as always! Looks like you are having a fabulous December and your family is so adorable. That sunset was gorgeous!
I would so love to be able to have a fresh tree. Unfortunately we are still stuck at Northwood and can't have one. So sad. You will totally have to cut down your own tree. Maybe the squirrels will like you and want to be your pets! LOL, that would be hilarious. How fun that you were able to have family there for Thanksgiving. I love the cooking and the look of everything right before you eat dinner. Yum!
Your Thanksgiving looks sooo cute with the headband and napkins. What a great place you live!! I heard Darin and Troy want to come to Denver to have a guys trip with Andrew. I think they should. They would have a great time!
What? That's my motto - I don't believe in making anything anymore. Not even dinner lately. Maybe that explains my enlarged prego body. Those twins are so dang cute. I want to come visit that cute town of yours. We went house hunting in Pokey a couple of weeks ago. Call me and you can tell me the best places to live.
BTW, I know where you can find a bunch of squirrels running wild...
hey michelle. i just found your blog through angie's. we got your christmas card in the mail this week. the picture is adorable and i can't believe how big your boys are. so since i blog anonymously, i'm sure you don't know who this is, but check out my blog and when you scroll down to some family photos, you'll know (just don't reveal anything about my identity in any comments. i like to keep an air of mystery about me). merry christmas.
Post a Comment