Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Halloween, Happy Birthday, Happy Snow!!!

Happy Snow!!! Yesterday we didn't have much to do.. So we took a little drive up to Rocky Mountain National Park.   It was snowing and the pass that connects Grand Lake to Estes Park is closed now. We drove over last weekend and it was clear.  This is not what it looks like at our house.. we hardly have any snow.. okay we don't have any.  The boys had fun throwing snow balls and getting Dad!  It was so beautiful.  Our intent was to find some Elk, but they have all gone home.. where ever that is.  
Happy Birthday Andrew!!!  Yep that is the big '3' '5' on that cake, it is actually RED because the UTES won the night before with 45 seconds on the clock!  Go UTES.. that was his present so it made my job easy.  If you were at our house an hour earlier you would have seen the 2 pieces of the football cake on the rack cooling and then in the little hands of 2 two year olds chomping away!  Good thing Andrew saved it!  
Happy Halloween!  I have been wanting to post this picture of Andrew since Halloween.  He was in the local newspaper on Monday.. I had to die laughing because so many people made comments.. It is up for the borrow next year!  He was soooo happy it came with a mask.
The boys had fun trick or treating on Main and just hanging out.  I was so glad to take all the Decorations down and start on Thanksgiving.  
Happy November everyone!

9 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, the boys are 2 already? Crazy! I love you Halloween costumes. Those are so awesome. I can see why Andrew was in the local newspaper, that costume rocks!!!! Your coat in the picture is so adorable. I hope you guys are doing well and are loving Colorado. How is Andrew's job?

Christensens said...

Is he the Operation man? It's somewhere between hilarious and kind of horrifying. What a good sport. Oh and happy b-day bro! Half of seventy. Wow....

Liz said...

So you don't like in that run down barn in the background? Haha! Hey I need your new address for your Christmas card. You can email it to me:es25@yahoo.com. I can't wait to come home to Michigan to a deep freeze and muddy snow! Colorado gets much better snow.

Ken and Amy said...

That is one sweet costume Andrew with an adorable tooth fairy standing next to him!

caligirl said...

You guys are so cute. I love the operation guy and the tooth fairy...very creative:-) The snow looks pretty but I do not miss it:-) Abby loved the card from Camden. She has one to send to him. Are you going to UT for Thanksgiving???

Ronna said...

HAHAHA, I love that costume!!!!!! You guys look so good. I love that all of you dressed up. JR and I never do, but you have inspired me to want to do it next year. Looks like you guys are having alot of fun. Hey, so did you know that the Rojas moved to Denver, are you close to that. I bet Katie would love to see you. Anyway, looks like all is well at the Burns.
Ronna

Emily said...

Love the costumes...they are all so clever. Those are the cutest skunks I have ever seen. Hope you are doing well!

Nicole said...

Oh.... my nephews are getting soooo big. You all look like you are having a great time. Love and miss you.

All Things Timothy said...

The first pic looks oh so warm and the last pic I don't even have the words to express!